The following items have been recommended for all BlueRibbon affiliations
for adoption. This list is a working document and subject to revision. If
you have any suggestions please submit them to the Blueribbon Coalition Office.
RECREATION CODE OF ETHICS
- I will respect the rights of all recreationists to enjoy the beauty of
the outdoors. I will respect public and private property.
- I will park considerately, taking no more space than needed, without
blocking other vehicles and without impeding access to trails.
- I will keep to the right when meeting another recreationist. I will
yield the right-of-way to traffic moving uphill.
- I will slow down and use caution when approaching or overtaking
- I will respect designated areas, trail-use signs and established
- When stopping I will not block the trail.
- I will not disturb wildlife. I will avoid areas posted for the
protection of feeding wildlife.
- I will pack out everything I packed in and will not litter.
- I realize that my destination objective and travel speed should be
determined by my equipment, ability, the terrain, weather, and the
traffic on the trail. In case of an emergency, I will volunteer
- I will not interfere with or harass others. I recognize that people
judge all trail users by my action.
- Motorized trail users should pull off the trail and stop their engines
when encountering horseback riders. It is also a good idea to take off
your helmet and greet the riders.